I Need Help
Please note that we are unable to accept any housing applications at this time. We are unable to estimate the length of time for vacancies. Please do not phone regarding the status of your housing application. Thank you.
Who We Help
Homes First has been providing supportive housing and shelter for over 35 years to all populations, with a focus on the chronically homeless, people with complex mental health and addictions issues, and seniors. We encourage homeless people to identify their own housing needs and necessary support services. We work with others to provide the supports people need to maintain their housing and rebuild their lives. We accept referrals from and draw on the knowledge and experience of other community service organizations to support our residents.
All individuals housed by Homes First must meet basic eligibility criteria:
- Those who have demonstrated an inability to obtain/maintain housing elsewhere.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Individuals able to live independently or with special supportive programs provided in partnership with Homes First.
- Must have or be pursuing or be willing to pursue a source of income when moving into housing (i.e., social benefits).
- Those with diagnosed/undiagnosed mental illness/addiction issues.
- Individuals that may be isolated or marginalized or displaced or who have inadequate life skills.
Other Places to Get Help
Housing Connections- Information about how to apply for rent-geared-to-income housing in Toronto
Looking for a shelter?
Call 311 or Central Intake at 416-338-4766 or toll-free in Toronto 1-877-338-3398.
You can also visit the City of Toronto’s Homeless Help page.
Community Drop Ins & Resource Centres
- Christie-Ossington Neighbourhood Centre
- Corner Drop-In (St Stephens)
- Dixon Hall
- Evangel Hall
- Fred Victor Centre
- Miziwe Biik (for Aboriginal peoples)
- Native Women‘s Resource Centre (for Indigenous women)
- Opportunity for Advancement (for women)
- Progress Place
- Seaton House (for men)
- Streets to Homes
- 211 Toronto Health Services
- Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- COTA Health
- Health Bus
- Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
- Reconnect Mental Health Services
- Regent Park Community Health Centre